Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thing #25: Bloggers' Toolkit

These are the gadgets/widgets that I added: Snow Effect (just for wintry fun), a blogroll, a link list and a video bar. (I have some additional widgets that I added in previous go-round, on 23 Things.)

Widgets I rejected for the time being -- but may add later -- are the poll (because I don't feel I have enough traffic yet and am not sure what I'd poll people on) and the slideshow (this is a good one, but I don't have enough photos yet of the library.)

Not sure how much time I spent on this, as I did it in little bits while at the reference desk. I spent a fair amount of time reading about the blog tools and watching the tutorials, but it didn't take long at all to set up my widgets. Mainly, I used the ones that come with Blogger, and that made it really quick and easy.

1 comment:

Graeme said...

Have you tried Google Docs (at docs.google.com)? They've just introduced online forms which can be used for surveys/polling. I had a quick look and it seems very easy to set one up.