Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thing #31: More Twitter

We're really just getting off the ground with Twitter. I'm following several different news sources (some of which surprisingly found and friended us out of the blue (like the Minnesota Daily -- wonder how they found us? It's a nice little boost!)

At first I had the profile under my own name with my photo. But as my colleague and I talked about it more and how we could both post Tweets, it seemed we should change that. So I took my name off it and posted a photo of the Library. We're talking about getting updates to our Library blog posted automatically to our Twitter feed. Under this Thing, it looks like TwitterFeed might be the way to do that. The instructions look pretty easy.

I might also start a personal Twitter account just for fun and my own personal use. I have to say, I was skeptical at first, but I'm enjoying looking at the news updates. I like the brevity of the messages with the option to click on the link for the whole story.

I'd say I'm at the Twitter stage of trying it out and considering how we might use it beyond just reading other people's feeds.

No comments: