Monday, April 13, 2009

Thing #32: Google Maps & Mash-Ups

I created a Google map/mash-up of one of my favorite areas: Lake Calhoun. I put markers at a couple of spots: the Tin Fish, the lakeside seafood restaurant that's open seasonally, and the Bakken Museum.

I didn't find it as easy to use as the tutorial promised, but then this is all new to me. If I had time, I'd really enjoy trying out the different mash-ups that are available. I'm not sure I see a use for this in our library right now, but maybe I'll come up with something at some point. As with so many of these things, it's good to know they're there and to have them in the "toolbox," so to speak. This is a fun one.

Now, let's see if I can embed the site:


View Lake Calhoun area in a larger map

Hmm, I tried to zoom it in better, but it defaulted to this more far-away few. I'll post for now, but it's something to tinker with later...

No comments: