Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thing #36: Comic Relief

As a college librarian, this one really speaks to me!

But, I NEED it!
From Stripgenerator, by mupfather

And on the loneliness of reference desks, now that everyone is Googling instead:

At the corner of Desk and Lonely
From Stripgenerator, by mupfather

And now my very first comic strip...
Exasperation

Not hilarious, but who knew I could be a comic strip author?? What a feeling of empowerment! This has possibilities.

For this Thing, I also explored ToonDo and Comeeko. ToonDo looks really nice, and I liked the colors, which I don't think Stripgenerator has. But the day I actually set out to do this Thing, the site kept hanging up, so I went to Stripgenerator instead. (Today I see ToonDo is working.) Comeeko would be fun in that it works with your photos. So you could create comics with photos of actual library staff saying things. Ah, the creative possibilities.

I got a kick out of the Obamaconme and Warholizing sites. I've seen these in people's profiles but never knew how they did it.

Yes, I could imagine a use for a library comic strip. As with the other tools we've learned, it's one more thing to throw in the toolbox and good to know it's there.

No comments: