Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thing #33: Travel 2.0

As I'm a fan of travel, these were fun to look at. In fact, I clicked on every one of the links, if only to give it a quick look. And I added "My Kugehopf" to my personal Delicious list because it is... well, delicious :)

These are really useful sites, though in my case, probably more for personal use than professional. I could see where these would be terrific resources in public libraries, where you get questions from people who are planning trips. We get the occasional question from someone planning a trip or doing an expository paper on a country. And since many of our travel books are dated (that not being a big area of collection for us), these sites are good to know about.

I enjoyed some of the travel "journals," like the aforementioned "My Kugelhopf" and also "The Lost Girls." Also poked around Tripadvisor and enjoyed that.

No comments: