Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing #21: Beyond MySpace: Other Social Networks

I'm a member of a few different communities. Some I check regularly. Most I have sort of forgotten about or check only occasionally. I joined Gather at one point, and it looks really fascinating and intelligent, but I know it could be a huge time-suck for me, so mostly I stay away. It looks like a good model, though, for a smart, well-run online community. I also joined 43 Things at one point, and that's a good site, as well.

I tried repeatedly to add the 23 Things Ning badge, but despite my following instructions, the code did not work. It showed up beautifully in the preview, but when I tried to publish, I was told that a tag wasn't closed. Can't figure it out... :(

UPDATE: Correction to above: Thanks to fellow 23 Things blogger Paula, I learned how to fix the above problem by doing the /embed, and now I've got a Ning badge. Thanks to the 23 Things newsletter folks for posting her solution.


View my page on 23 Things on a Stick

No comments: