Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing #19: Podcasting

I've been subscribing to podcasts for over a year, and it's been an exciting discovery. There are a couple that I subscribe to through Minnesota Public Radio: "Speaking of Faith" and "Musicheads." (How's that for varied interests?) At one point, I also downloaded a course from Stanford University through iTunes U.

What I love is that it allows me to listen to my favorite programs whenever and wherever I want -- while walking around Lake Calhoun is a favorite for me, or on the elliptical machine at the Y. And now I've got a car jack so that I can listen during long drives, as well.

For purposes of this Thing, I checked National Public Radio's web site and was amazed by all the podcasts you can download. I chose "Fresh Air" to subscribe to via Bloglines. Even though I've been listening to podcasts for a while, I didn't know anything about subscribing via RSS feed, so this was new.

I looked at Gcast. I'm not inclined to do any podcasting myself right away, but as with the other tools we've learned, "it's good to know it's there." I like knowing that, should I decide to try a podcast, I can do it freely and apparently easily.

No comments: