Friday, June 5, 2009

Thing #45: Cloud Computing

I've been using a My Yahoo page for a few years now, so I guess that would count as a Web OS. I started using that when our family retired our AOL account. It took me a short while to get used to, but I find I love having my information portable now. Disadvantages? I suppose someone could potentially get into my personal information -- for example, if I forgot to sign off at a public computer.

I don't do GoogleDocs or Zoho. I guess my computing in the cloud is, so far, rather limited. I am planning to try out a Wiki for putting together subject resources for classes, so I guess that would be using the cloud. Seems that will allow much more flexibility than what we've been doing, plus allow for input by others. Also -- I'm not sure whether this counts as "the cloud" or not, but I use TurboTax for my taxes, and that information is available from any computer I sign into. So, even though this is a paid service, perhaps it counts as "the cloud"?

No comments: