Friday, February 8, 2008

Thing #3: RSS feeds

OK, I can definitely see the addictive nature of these (thankfully, low-calorie) feeds! Perfect for a news junkie like me. I've set up my Bloglines, and it's amazing to see how many new posts appeared overnight -- a bit overwhelming. But I do like how the news is brought to you rather than having to make the rounds of surfing a bunch of favorite sites.

I can see how these feeds would work really well with the curriculum of certain classes -- where students could have a section of their home page -- or instructors their D2L page -- have feeds coming in. What a way to make learning current and dynamic!

Not sure yet how we can incorporate this into our library learning, but I'll keep thinking about it. It's a good tool to have in the "toolbox," and I'll be interested in seeing how other libraries are making use of feeds.

No comments: